Today's 3-day weather forecast calls for snow just about everywhere between here & Salt Lake City. My recent conversation with myself/cats:
"Holy cow! There's going to be snow! Oh barf. Well, maybe I could delay a day? No? Still going to snow? Another day? Still snowing? What the hell?"I don't know why I was so bloody surprised. There is clearly some sort of disconnect between reality and my perception of reality. My activities over the last 24 hrs included:
- Putting snow tires on my car.
- Getting blankets ready of the trip.
- Setting aside gloves & hats & scarves.
- Digging out my coffee thermos.
- Saying "Wow! Looks like snow" enough times to be obnoxious.
And still, I can say part of me is genuinely surprised it's going to have the gall to snow on the first day of my trip! Snow in Washington is the worst because they all turn in to a bunch of panicky morons. Should be fun!!
Ok, enough avoidance. Today is errands, laundry & packing day 1.