Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Doomed to Drudgery (warning: the following is a rant, and makes very little sense.)

I'm not a religious person, so I can say the following without fear of omnipotent smiting; Adam and Eve were dicks.

If the Christians had it right, and Eve really ate that apple that eventually developed into our need to clothe ourselves, then I have a bone to pick with her.

It's not so much that I don't like wearing clothes- aside from the fact that nothing ever looks as good on me as it does on say, Angelina Jolie, I'm OK with them. The problem is, the Big Guy upstairs, in compelling me to wear clothes, has doomed me to a life of... laundry.

I fricken hate doing laundry. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to do laundry for a whole family- my own is too much already!! Thankfully, I've already decided that I won't have any children until someone invents disposable, biodegradable clothing.

The absolute worst part is a process called "putting the clean clothing away". Or so I'm told. I find it never quite makes it all the way there. I might fold and empty half of the basket, but by that time I've usually made more dirty laundry and have to re-fill the basket with more clean clothes. Sometimes I wonder if I have laundry room trolls that sneak out and create more laundry while I'm at work. I'll have to set some traps or something.

***
Well, I've just conferred with Sean, and we have a solution. It's actually a variation on his current laundry method. All we need is a giant vat to put the clean clothes in. We'll save tons of closet space. Lets just hope the wrinkle is 'in' this season.

oh, and btw, BOB points are at 4.

No comments: