Sunday, January 6, 2008

Eat, Medicate and Be Very Merry!

Yesterday was our quasi-Christmas. We got up early, opened presents (I've been spoiled), ate brunch, then back to the grindstone! Sean & I both tidied up a bit in preparation for our guests, and the place looks great. I also cooked for 2 days straight, so it sure smells like Christmas.

Dinner went very well. We had my parents, brother & sister over, as well as several friends, for a total of 10. We had to borrow a card table and some chairs to accommodate everybody. We had a turkey and a ham, Brayford & Quinn stuffing (which Sean said was just about perfect except not enough sage- who would've guessed?), potato, cheese & bacon tarte, sweet potato & apple casserole, green bean casserole, pureed squash, peas, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade mustard, and of course gravy (which I am not in the least ashamed to admit comes out of a box. There you have it.). God I love to entertain. We have sooo many leftovers, but I'm fairly sure the stuffing will be gone by the end of the day.

Woke up this morning with a cold. You know, the wonderful kind that makes you leech goo from every facial orifice and feel pretty generally shitty. Though, I would not, at first, admit it was a cold, and insisted I must be allergic to something. So, I took a couple anti-histamines and am now as high as a kite. So I guess I have a cold because I'm also still leeching goo.

Tomorrow we both start our diet. Sean has insisted we follow it to the letter (no doubt to punish me for getting him to diet in the first place) and so for the next two weeks (at least!!!) I CAN'T HAVE ANY COFFEE OR PEPSI! Should make for an interesting couple of weeks.

No comments: