Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CLC Harrison Winter School Day 1

Yesterday, I hung around outside in frigid weather, wearing a swimsuit, a shower cap, and an inflatable zebra.

I also drank cheap red wine (the kind that comes out of a box) in a hot springs with several hundred other people.

And a little old Austrian woman saw me naked.

Well, almost.

Winter school is going very well. Our class is jelling fairly well, and the material so far has been interesting, if a bit dated. I find myself actually looking forward to arguing case studies later this week.

After general sessions last night (the NDP's David Chudnovsky, Opposition Critic for Homelessness and Mental Health), we had a strange team building exercise. It's called Wolleyball, and it's a Harrison school tradition. It's something that resembles a bunch of nutcases in costumes playing what could resemble water volleyball... if you squinted your eyes a little and peeked through your fingers. Of course, I participated, and my team, 'About Face' was the best. According to us, anyway.

After the competition, we all settled into the hot tubs to relax. I have to say, 1 glass of wine + 2 hrs in a hot tub = equivalent of 6 glasses of wine.

I also skipped dinner last night and treated myself to a luxurious hot stone massage at the spa. My little old Austrian masseuse worked from the tip of my toes to the top of my head for over an hour. All I can say is aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

No comments: