Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why Don't You Go Elf Yourself?

I'm sitting at home.

It's 11am on a Tuesday.

I'm wearing my pajamas.

I haven't showered.

Or brushed my teeth.

I look disgusting.

I feel even worse.

I'm sick, and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

That's right folks, as of last Friday, I've been on vacation. Also as of last Friday (well, if you want to get technical, last Thursday night) I've been sick. Pretty damn sick.

No it's not the SWINE FLU you bunch of paranoids. It's just your garden variety head cold which has now moved into my chest.

I will take this moment to reflect on how revolting our human bodily functions are and also how strangely... fascinating. You probably don't want to know this, but a couple days ago, I blew my nose really thoroughly, and out popped what I can only assume must have been a piece of my brain. The size of a grape.

How does that even happen?

Wait, don't answer that.

Back to me feeling sorry for myself. Well, for the last couple hours I've been laying in bed watching YouTube videos. Yes Mom, I should have been sleeping, but those fricking construction workers building the new stupidly expensive toll bridge (which is another post altogether) decided this morning was a good time to pile drive.

Actually, at first I was really worried because I thought the sound was just in my head, but then I opened the window...

Anyways, as I was saying, YouTube. I love it. Yes, I realize it's been around for awhile, but I've only just recently begun delving it's depths. One of my favourite things to watch when I'm cranky are Flashmobs. For those who don't know, a Flashmob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse (thank-you Wikipedia). I found one this morning that motived me to get out of bed... and on to the couch. Baby steps, people, baby steps. I now plan to eat some tea and toast. And contemplate showering.

So if you're needing a dose of restorative Christmas cheer, click on the video below. You really can't beat hundreds of elves dancing to Bhangra music.

No comments: