Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wet & Whiny Weekend

This weekend I'll be taking my group of teen-aged Girl Guides to a big co-ed camp (400+ people) on the island. I've been going to this camp for more than 10 years now, and so while I certainly have better things to do, I'm also looking forward to it, if only for old-times sake.

I'll be going with one of my best friends; Pam, and the girls that are coming are pretty good ones. I've spent the morning packing up all the group gear (I own most of it), and I'm pretty sure we'll 'be prepared'. I love my 'Camping Cupboard'. It's full of all my most used camping stuff; all I have to do is haul it out and cram it all together. I have a good reputation for being ridiculously prepared (while still packing fairly light), and I find it sort of funny that my outdoor recreation is the only sphere of my life that I'm ever able to organize.

Sean has his own plans this weekend, and I'm going to miss him. We don't spend a lot of time away from each other, so it's always a surprise to wake up and remember he won't be there. :(

Well, wish me luck! We'll (both) be back Monday!

No comments: