Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ode To My Missing Morning Coffee

So yeah, my head hurts and I'm irritable. I'm off the juice.

On Friday, I succumbed to the nagging of friends, family & coworkers alike and went to the damned Naturopath to see about my allergies. (long story short: I've had crazy bad allergies this last year, whereas before I had none. My family Doctor does not believe in testing and would prefer I take 3 different antibiotics for the rest of my life, so I'm pursuing other options)

She took some blood to be tested for specific allergens (which was hella expensive- luckily we'll be able to claim part of it), and told me that for the next 6 weeks, I can't drink anything but water.

No coffee. No beloved Pepsi; drink of the Gods. No beer or wine.

It's going to be a long 6 weeks.

However... IF all this garbage results in a better understanding of the mysterious allergies that kick my butt, then I guess it *might* be worth it.

Grumble... grumble...

No comments: