Saturday, December 1, 2007

Welcome to the Weekend

Well Folks, I woke up this morning expecting to have a crap ending to a crap week. Monday we had concert tickets (Lifehouse & YUCA) but Sean was sick, then Thursday we had concert tickets (Paul Brandt) but I was sick. The last thing I wanted to do was spend my Saturday in a cramped room with a bunch of custodians and waste management guys, but funny thing is, it didn't turn out too bad!

I got up early this morning, and opened the blinds to behold the revolting dump of snow that arrived overnight. Sure glad I have those snow tires, because I had to drive all the way out to Langley for a Union course. On the way there, there must have been three different roads closed due to ice or accidents; it was absolutely ridiculous. Gave me lots of opportunities to use my horn though, and that always cheers me up. Hee hee hee...

The course was Apathy to Action, which was not too bad and I'll be bringing back some ideas to try within my local. My local Pres was supposed to be there, but she must not have wanted to drive in the snow.

My local's been very good about getting newer members out to educationals, week-long schools and conventions. This spring I'll be going to Harrison Hot Springs for a week-long 'Facing Management' course. From what I hear, it's quite a bit of work, but they have a hell of a good time when the day is done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm... "revolting" and "dump of snow" never go together. K? Good. Haha.

Quill said...

oh, but it does... when you live over here at least! Oh crap, it just started snowing again.